The college fresh(wo)man

Since I am going away to college, I want this blog to be for those people that I have left behind. I hope people read it and enjoy it.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a month...

This past month, I have been dealing with tons of emotions... I have not been getting an adequate amount of sleep, I have to get my classes aligned for next semester, I have had 9 quizzes/ tests that I have had to study for, and I have three more to go, I am sore from playing basketball. This month has brought many struggles...

On the whole sleep issue, I have been averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, and I should be getting about 8-9... But oh well, I cant help that I chose 7:50 classes... Next semester I am not scheduling any early morning classes. I have been taking a nap every once in a while, but that does not seem to help. Oh, and I think that my mattress is making my back hurt so much- It's not hard enough... (Thought I's just throw that in)

November 6, I have to go see my adviosor to go make sure that I am taking all the right classes for next semester. That same day, I have to sign up for them. I have to take this computer class because I did not pass the computer assesment- that stinks!

This month I have a total of 12 quizzes/tests... I had midterms the week of the 9th and then I had 2 quizzes and one test the following week, 2 quizzes the next and next week I have 2 quizzes and a test. This month is like quiz/test month.

I have been playing basketball a lot the past couple of days and am sore... I Then the rest of the times, I have just been practing shooting. I have also been going to some of the guys intramural basketball games as well. Good times!

I have really been thinking about going to Rome for the past couple of weeks. One of my quadmates and I would like to go study abroad there for a semester. We were thinking about going next fall. I feel that would a country full of history and great place to study. I also feel that I would learn more about the culture and have a greater appreciation for history. I just ask the people would pray for me and show me where God wants me to go with this. :)

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, it sounds like reality is setting in. College is hard, but there are lots of fun things about it too. You forgot to mention the Sunday night sessions of watching "Without A Trace" with your roommates!! We're sure praying for you Clarissa, while you're still getting used to new schedules, mattresses, people (weird and nice)and lots of tests and papers!! Keep up the good work and we'll look forward to seeing you at Christmas. Don't grow up too much.
    Love, Uncle Dave and Aunt Denise
    PS. You're not talking to any boys yet are you?!?!?! Just checking.

     
  • At Thursday, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CLARI9SSA It sounds lke you are enjoying college, eating,goofing off, watching basketball, watching rhe boys?.When we had a bad mattress we put a piece of plywood between the matress and box springs. It gives you more support. The plywood should be about 4or 5 ft. by 2 or 3 ftt and wrap it in a sheet or blanket so it won't tear up the matress. Also Grandpa always worked hard to ,have no classes before 9 am. he didn't think it was scriptual to start before 9. Sorry about your sleep. We love you and pray for you every day. Grandma & Grandpa

     
  • At Saturday, October 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clarissa,Sounds like school is exciting. We will pray for Gods direction as far as studing in another country.

    Love Dad

     
  • At Saturday, October 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi honey bunny,

    Well I guess it's true that college is harder than high school! Keep working hard--it will pay off.

    I'm glad you are making new friends and learning lots.

    Keep your eyes on God--He will direct in all things.

    I love you and miss you much.

    Love mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home