The college fresh(wo)man

Since I am going away to college, I want this blog to be for those people that I have left behind. I hope people read it and enjoy it.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My first day of class

Wednesday was my first official day of class. It went pretty well. My first class is at 7:50 and it was math, which sucks. Math was kind of boring, but I had homework on the first day. ewww... My second class was at 8:50 and its called Contemporary issues. My teacher was so funny. It seems like a fun class, but I have a quiz over the syllabus tomorrow. After that class was convocation which is mandatory. After convo I had English at 12:25. The teacher was so nice. She tried to make the class fun. It wasn't awkward. This is my favorite class.
Today I took three different classes and they didn't go as smoothly as the classes yesterday. First of all my alarm didn't go off and then I had to walk 20 minutes to class in the heat. My first class, psychology was at 9:20 and it was only 20 minutes long because the teacher didn't really have anything to say which was a breath of fresh air. Since the class was only 20 minutes, my friends and I went to the cafe and had some coffee and I saw my cousin. Then my next class, Bible, was at 10:50. Oh my gosh! There is so much stuff to do for this class. Good grief. The teacher was really nice, but there is so much work. I have to memorize practically the whole New testament and then some. Ergg. My next class was right after and in the same room so I didn't have to move. This is an Evangelism class which I wasn't looking to forward too because I didn't really know what to expect. The teacher was really outgoing, but the class itself, uck! I dropped that class and am taking 14 credits, but I feel that will be better and I wont feel as stressed out.
Well that was my day... Hope tomorrow goes better. I have two short quizes. Pray for me. Loves. Clarissa

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daddy and I will remember you in our prayers tomorrow. Good luck on your quizes. I hope tomorrow goes well for you.

    Love you bunches,

    Mom

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Grief, Clarissa, the whole New Testament! That's even more than uncle Dave knows - and he knows a whole lot of verses. Maybe he learned them when he was your age and can still recite them, chapter and verse. It pays to learn them when you are young. I'm sure you can do whatever is required of you. Sorry about your alarm clock not doing it's required job. Does it play the William Tell Overature like aunt Debbie's. That will wake you up for sure. Sounds as if you are enjoying your teachers and I'm sure they will enjoy you as well. We are happy that you have chosen such a wonderful Christian college and will be praying for you and loving you everyday. Grandma and Grandpa Field

     
  • At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you're off to a "fun" year. You might want to check that alarm clock. . . Have a great week-end. We'll see you in Sept.
    PS - You're not talking to any boys are you?!?!?!

    Just checking.
    Love, Uncle Dave & Aunt Denise

    Jeremiah 29:11

     
  • At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Sweet Girlie-Girl,

    It's FRIDAY...... I love saying this, the weekend is next. Well the first week is over and how many more??????
    Needless to say I'm VERY proud of you. Include you in my prayers and send you much love!!!!!

    Ok, about the boys or I guess there will be a time that we'll need to call the men....yuk

    Anyway, are they cute????

    Much love and big hug,
    Judy

    Your my first to leave a blog message, pretty cool....huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home